- Proprietors Joe and Cindy Montalto, who live in the third story of the Inn, provide a warm, friendly atmosphere, making guests feel like part of the family.
- A full breakfast is served daily at your convenience. All guests choose from dining in the formal dining room, one of the open porches at the Inn or garden gazebo. Cottage guests also have the option to have breakfast delivered to their door.
- Complementary snacks and beverages are available throughout the day.
- Every evening we offer social hour at the Inn with wine and snacks for all guests. You may also purchase a bottle of wine or champagne from the innkeepers.
- Children and pets are welcome in some of our cottages with prior approval.
- Located minutes from historic downtown Gainesville, Fla., and less than two miles from the University of Florida campus, The Magnolia Plantation Inn and Cottages are perfect for business travel or pleasure trips.
- Housed in a friendly neighborhood with many historic homes, The Magnolia Plantation is a great beginning for an evening stroll or horse and carriage ride through the Southeast Historic District.
- The three-story French Second Empire Inn is decorated in period furnishings and offers five bedchambers. Each room has a gas fireplace and a private bath with a claw foot tub. The Inn's unique architecture is the only example of its kind in the City of Gainesville, Fla., and one of the only examples in the entire Southeastern United States.
- The Magnolia Plantation Cottages are decorated and furnished in the Country-, Craftsman- and Colonial-style. They provide more space and privacy for our guests. Most include a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace. All kitchens are equipped with cooking utensils and are-stocked with the basics.
- While the Cottages are the perfect place for family gatherings, there will be a charge imposed for using the Cottage for an "event". An "event" is defined as gathering of 4 more persons beyond those who are booked into the cottage. For example, if your cottage has two (2) queen size beds it can sleep up to 4 persons (2 per bed). Under these conditions an "event" would be defined as 8 persons. Any "event" will require the approval of the Innkeepers and the cost will depend on the amount of wear and tear the cottage will experience during your stay. There also will be a charge to carry off the additional trash generated for your event. Please check with the innkeepers before scheduling any event at the Inn.
- With nearly 2 acres of land, the lush tropical gardens surrounding the Inn and Cottages feature brick walking paths, Charleston-style courtyards, fountains, ponds and waterfalls.
Photos/Info—One bedroom (queen bed), fireplace, one bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace, separate sitting room, second story, 600 sq. ft., wraparound balcony overlooking two gardens. Perfect for honeymooners.
Photos/Info—One or two bedrooms (one queen bed and one double bed), one bathroom, fireplace in living room, front and back open porches with large yard. Some pets are OK.
Photos/Info—One bedroom (queen bed), one bathroom with large walk-in shower, living room, kitchen and private garden.
Photos/Info—Two or three bedrooms (two queen beds, two twin beds) and one or two bathrooms, large living space, front and back open porches with garden access. Great for two couples with kids.